The Water Utilities Management Specialist will deal with the Municipal and Provincial Water Supply and Sanitation Management Entities (MPWSSMEs) under support of DNA/MINEA. He/She will have to perform the following tasks in cooperation and coordination with the other DNA/MINEA staff:
a) Oversee, follow up and diagnosing the MPWSSMEs for operation and management;
b) Support the MPWSSMEs in fulfilling the targets set in the Agreements to be signed between the Entities and the National Government;
c) Organize meetings, prepare agenda and participate in any working group, committee or similar bodies involved in the Water Sector Projects or any other project related to the activities of DNA/MINEA and MPWSSME´s institutional, organizational and operationalization development;
d) When necessary, organize training, workshops and other knowledge activities at national and local levels to improve the uptake/usage of various technical assistance inputs from the MPWSSME or to transfer lessons from the others province/utility/entity;
e) Follow-up closely the Monitoring and Evaluation framework and achievement of MPWSSME´s performance indicators throughout the implementation of DNA/MINEA projects and according to the targets set in the Agreements;
f) Assist DNA/MINEA in preparing and updating Annual Action Plans;
g) Review MPWSSME´s reports and provide comments and guidance on the issues raised;
h) Support the DNA/MINEA in developing and implementing a Strategy and Action Plan to embed practices, tools, systems and knowledge gained from the project technical assistance to benefit all Water Entities/provinces under DNA/MINEA.
• Degree in Civil/Hydraulic/Sanitary Engineering, or other related disciplines of similar advanced degree;
• Master’s degree in civil/Hydraulic/Sanitary Engineering, Business/Public Administration Institutional Development or other related disciplines will be a plus;
• Fluency in the Portuguese language is mandatory and working knowledge of English.
General Professional experience and skills
• Ten (10) years’ experience in water supply and sanitation sector institutional development;
• Fifteen (15) years of general working experience, will be an asset
• Strong technical background in Water Utilities Management.
Specific Professional experience
• Specific experience in operation and management or institutional support to water utilities in developing countries;
• Knowledge of commercial management of water utilities would be an advantage;
• Experience in Africa would be an advantage.
CESO is a Portuguese international development consultancy company, which provides technical assistance services in the main domains of economic, social and organizational development in international markets.